Monday, November 23, 2020

Not a Christmas card....for a change!







Sometimes you need to step away from the holiday cards for a bit and that is exactly what I did today.  My card is inspired by a fellow demonstrator, who I would love to give credit to, but I forgot to write down her name - oops.  My card isn't exactly like hers, but I definitely am CASE'ing her idea.  


 
I haven't used this stamp set in a very long time.  I am not a huge fan of cling stamps - I have great difficulty in getting the stamped image to come out straight.  BUT! I figured out a system that works for me like a charm!!

I pull out my Stamparatus and line my stamp up, secure my card or card stock piece down with the magnets. Then, I place a post-it note right where I want the stamped image and stamp.  If the image is a little off kilter, I move the stamp and try again.  I have gotten it down to where I typically only have to move the stamp once vs. the first few times, I had to move the stamp multiple times.  This system works for me and I will be darned if I am going to let the Cling Stamp win!!



I use a lot of vellum in my project today to give a soft appearance without it looking too bland.



Of course, I conveniently placed embellishment will always hide a glue dot!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pals Blog Hop - Projects from the Garden

  Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “ Wonderful Cards/Projects from the Garden ” where our design team...